Glyn Davies – Business Resultant ®
I like the cheeky, provocative, and even perhaps pretentious title of Resultant, an obvious play on Results and Consultant, as it speaks loudly about who I am – I seek results.
Talking and pontificating about things only
Elevator Pitch Version
My purpose is to help entrepreneurs and business people to be successful. I achieve this using evidence-based knowledge and experience in the areas of business startup, building, management, leadership, and succession planning.
I enjoy helping people, problem-solving, and achieving success.
I can’t recall many project failures. Hopefully that’s not my selective memory kicking in, and it certainly wasn’t me cherry-picking assignments either, as I have always pitched-in to help. I should have learnt to say No! Then again, perhaps I wouldn’t have learnt as much and become such an ‘interesting character.’
I have in the past declared that I am a BS-free zone, meaning that I don’t lie, I check before I speak or act, and I have no interest in ripping anyone off. While falling a little short of being a candidate for sainthood, I always act in an honest and ethical manner.
I am a volunteer business mentor for the Auckland Chamber of Commerce. I was a volunteer mentor with Business Mentors New Zealand (BMNZ) from June 2015 through to June 2019 (see footnote below). I enjoy volunteer mentoring as I get the opportunity to give back to the community in a modest way while trying to help people starting a business or to help run their existing business more effectively.
I continue to research a wide range of business topics to ensure I am up to date with the best as well as effective evidence-based knowledge and wisdom.
In my ‘spare’ time I enjoy the outdoors, riding my off-road motorbike, as well as DIY around the house.
So what does this mean for you?
- I will work with you to develop a solution that suits your context, as I don’t rely on a ready supply of expert generic and undifferentiated answers.
- You can rely on me to let you know when I don’t know something and that I will find out if need be.
- I will work to make you independent of me and other advisors.
- Published Author:
– Starting a Business – With Facts, Not Faith
– Sally Starts a Business – With Facts
– Writing A Business Plan – A Template And Handbook
- Accredited Business Mentor – Business Mentors NZ
- Business Mentor for the Auckland Chamber of Commerce
- MBA (Master of Business Administration) – The University of Auckland
- PMP (Project Management Professional) – Project Management Institute
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science – Massey University
- Bachelor of Engineering Electrical – The University of Auckland
- NZCE (NZ Certificate in Engineering) Electrical
- Registered Electrician
- QBE – Qualified By Experience